Location: Baton Rouge LA
Hours: Guaranteed 40 hours per week (typically more than that – working weekends also)
Salary: $12.50 per hour
Description: Landscape installation and renovation, irrigation and hardscape installation, drainage installation, proper upkeep of established landscaping, etc. for commercial properties and residential properties.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Installation of hardscape and softscape material according to design specifications.
- Tree and shrub planting, pruning, monitoring and maintenance.
- Installation and maintenance of annual and perennial beds and planters.
- Installation of irrigation systems and various water features.
- Installation of drainage systems and retaining walls.
- Installation of fabric, sod, decorative rock, mulch, etc.
- Operate light and heavy equipment, automotive equipment, power tools and hand tools.
- Keep work vehicle and equipment clean and organized.
- Perform such other activities as may be temporarily or permanently assigned.
- Must have reliable transportation to and from work.
- Possess and maintain a valid US Driver License, if in a driving position.
- Ability to lift 50lbs or more on a daily basis
- Proficient at operating equipment such as skid steers and tractors with various attachments.
- Ability to interact professionally with all customers, employees and those from external organizations.
- Knowledge and experience in installing a variety of hardscape applications.
- Bilingual - Spanish, preferred.
This position requires physical abilities such as strength, manual dexterity, and must be able to perform all required functions of this position. While performing the duties of this job, the Landscape Crew Member is regularly required to stand, walk, bend, lift, crouch, reach, stoop, crawl or kneel. The position is regularly exposed to outdoor environmental conditions including extreme hot and cold conditions. Additional working conditions may include inadequate lighting, restricted movement and dirty/wet work-sites.
This position may be required to work on weekends and holidays. Due to seasonal nature of work, some peak load situations may arise.
- Must be 18+ years old
- Bi-lingual is not required but preferred
- Valid driver’s license
- Good driving record
- Reliable transportation
- Ability to read & write English, including maps & diagrams
- Ability to work in a team environment with members of varying skill levels
- Highly motivated quick learner
- Drug free work environment, a random drug test policy is in force
- Ability to lift 60+ lbs consistently throughout the day.
- High attention to detail…the customer doesn’t see what we do, they see what we don’t do that they paid for.
- High ability to deal with ambiguity in a high stress environment while keeping your composure on and off the job.
- Available to work a varied schedule (including Saturdays) in all adverse weather conditions.
- Stoop, stand and bend for 10+ hours a day.
- Study daily if not experienced in all areas of landscaping
- Pay overtime
- Paid time off
- Offer full time hours during slow seasons
- Moving up in the company happens very quickly